Stefan Zane is a member of the firm's Banking & Finance, Real Estate, and Corporate & Business Transactions practice groups. He regularly represents banks and financial institutions in commercial lending transactions of various types. Mr. Zane also represents clients in the acquisition, development, and sale of commercial real estate. In addition, his practice includes advising businesses in general corporate and business matters.
- Banking & Finance
- Real Estate
- Corporate & Business Transactions
- Representation of banks and other financial institutions in the documentation, negotiation, due diligence review, and all other aspects of credit transactions secured by real property and other collateral types.
- Representation of financial institutions in documentation and negotiation of credit modifications, restructurings and workouts.
- Representation of a leading mortgage warehouse lender as its program counsel.
- Representation of real estate developers in the acquisition, development, operation, leasing, and sale of real estate projects.
- Representation of businesses with entity selection, formation, and related issues.
- Representation of clients in general corporate and businesses matters (including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts of various types).
- Representation of the firm's former escrow company in structuring, documenting, and negotiating commercial escrow transactions.
- B.S. in Management Science and B.A. in Economics from Southern Methodist University, magna cum laude (2000)
- J.D. from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (2004)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Texas (2004)
- United States District Courts of Texas (2004 and 2005)
Awards & Recognitions
- Named a "Rising Star" by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters business) in 2009 and 2010
Publications, Articles & Presentations
- Conducted various presentations to bank clients regarding title review and title insurance issues.
- Conducted various presentations to mortgage warehouse lender client regarding issues related to the documentation of mortgage warehouse facilities.
- Co-authored Avoiding Ethical Problems with Good Client Communication, Practice Legal Ethics Course 2005, April 2005.
Legal Associations, Professional Affiliations, and Community Leadership
- American Bar Association
- Texas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Area Young Lawyers Association
Previous Professional Experience
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Cowles & Thompson, P.C.