Jeffrey Mitchell focuses on representing banks and other financial institutions. His principal emphasis is the representation of lenders in various types of commercial lending, including mortgage lending transactions, asset-based financing, acquisition financing, syndicated facilities and participations, intercreditor arrangements, loan portfolio sales and financings and homebuilder lines of credit. Jeff also devotes substantial time to loan restructurings and workouts and foreclosures. He also represents private investment firms in business matters, including asset acquisitions, loan portfolio acquisitions and related matters.
- Banking and Finance
- Real Estate
- General Business Transactions
- Business Entities
- Structure, negotiate, document, modify, restructure and workout complex transactions involving senior, mezzanine and subordinate debt, and collateral of all types.
- Represent financial institutions in all phases of the commercial and residential real property foreclosure process, and the UCC foreclosure process, including pre and post foreclosure issues.
- Advise clients and supervise associates on all aspects of loan closing and due diligence matters, including title searches, UCC searches, title insurance, organizational and other matters.
- Advise clients on all types of real estate and related issues, such as tenants in common, ground leases, master leases, condominiums, franchises, management agreements, service agreements and zoning.
- Advise clients on the acquisition and disposition of commercial and residential properties and related issues.
- Draft customized template loan forms for all types of real estate lending.
- Draft customized template loan forms for committed or delegated lines of credit to homebuilders for multiple banks.
- Represent start up companies in all phases of formation including documentation, tax issues, and other formation issues.
- Represent creditors in commercial collection matters.
- Review of lender-prepared loan documents.
- Advise lenders in single-lender, participated and syndicated loan transactions.
- Advise clients regarding general business issues.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts and agreements of various types.
- Form business entities.
- B.A. degree from Hamilton College
- J.D. degree from Southern Methodist University
Awards & Recognitions
- Named one of the Best Lawyers in Dallas Under 40 by D Magazine
- Named “Rising Star” by Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters business) in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009
Legal Associations, Professional Affiliations, and Community Leadership
- Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Running Club
Previous Professional Experience
- Collins Norman & Basinger, P.C.